For further information contact:
Course approved by
One hour minimum
Specifying Engineers; Architects; Consultants,Design Engineers, Contractors
None for one hour courses
Usually at client offices or at Grinell training department
nVent Solutions (UK) Ltd
Grooved piping systems can provide a time and labour saving are simple to install with minimal training requirement. Systems are maintenance free, providing long life performance and installations are clean with reduced flushing & commissioning requirement. Controlled accommodation of thermal movement utilising Linear and/or Angular deflection capabilities of grooved jointing is a feature often overlooked.
Course tile and key points covered
"Grooved Piping Systems"
1. Introduction to grooved piping systems
2. Joint Types, Forming Pipe Grooves,
3. Approvals and project case studies
4. Building Services Applications – LTHW, CHW, Potable Services,
5. Health and Safety Issues, Quality Assurance, Sustainability and
6. Linear and Angular deflection, Noise and Vibration Attenuation
7. Value engineering – a comparative look at grooved systems against
welded, threaded and flanged.
8. Questions and Answers session
All speakers are highly experienced in their specialised fields with
relevant professional qualifications. All have worked alongside major
contractors on large construction projects throughout the UK.